So Nearly Done!

The saga of the cardigan continues, body is done, sleeves are done, one shoulder seam is sewn so now I just have one shoulder seam to sew, the button band to knit and the sleeves to sew up and in. If I don't post it as a finished item next week please feel free to pour scorn in whatever form suits you best!


This week I am reading a very exciting book which has been lent to me by a lovely friend. It is called Yarn.i.tec.ture and is by Jillian Moreno. What a treat for anyone interested in spinning, it is well written, logically developed and with the most beautiful photos throughout. I am so chuffed to be able to have this book in my life for a little while!


In other news I have finished a needle felted commission. A lovely local lady bought a Mary and Joseph from me before Christmas to give to her daughter and son in law. Not long after Christmas her daughter had a baby and Mary and Joseph and the baby began to look like their family so she then asked me to make their other two daughters to complete the set. I love making these little people!





 Finally, I know that it is only the beginning of February but there are very definite signs of approaching spring here in Misty Cottage.


Apart from Lady Spring turning up in the Misty Cottage Crafts shop last week there are the pink tips of rhubarb shoots and one or two crocuses flowering to brighten the day.



Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along.

Comments

  1. Love your needlefelted family. How sweet that she wanted to add to it. Perfect. Looking forward to seeing the finished cardigan. Oh so near!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, yes I thought it was a lovely idea to make a family. As for the cardigan, I finished sewing the shoulders this afternoon and spent half an hour wearing it sleeveless because I just can't wait!

      Delete
  2. Look forward to see your cardigan finished, looks so soft and nice. Love your little wool felted figures. Oh how lovely to see the crocus peeoing up. Snow and pretty cold here, but the light has changed and there is a different feel as February moves on. Blessings, Pam in Norway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, yes I guess you will be snowy still for some time in Norway. Temperatures here are around 0 today so I hope the brave blooms will survive it. Thank you for your kind comments.

      Delete

Post a Comment